Tuition shall be paid for each student for each year enrolled at the School. Tuition fees vary with year levels as shown below. Tuition is the School’s sole operational income and covers overheads, salaries, benefits for personnel, educational materials, maintenance, etc.
There is an annual tuition increase across all age groups of at least 2%. (This increase was waived for 2020/21 by the Board of Trustees.)
Registration Fee – $500
The registration fee is a non-refundable, one off payment for all new enrollments. Payment is due when student application forms are submitted.
Capital Levy Fee – $500/$1,500
The private capital levy fee (non-refundable and non-transferable) is an annual contribution to cover the School’s capital expenditures. These funds are used for
maintaining the School’s facilities. The capital levy fee is in addition to the tuition fee stated above and is paid in full.
The corporate sponsor capital levy fee is $1,500.
Late Admission & Early Withdrawal:
Students enrolling later during the academic year, or students withdrawing mid-year, will be charged tuition on a pro-rated basis as follows:
- Up to 2 weeks of attendance = 20% of the term fees.
- Up to 6 weeks of attendance = 50% of term fees.
- More than 6 weeks = 100% of the term fees.
For early withdrawals, the school requires written notice of the intention to leave.
Only terms that had been paid in full will be refunded and prorated on the terms listed above.
Discounts are available for families and/or financial sponsors with more than two children enrolled at the School.
These discounts apply to the youngest child(ren) first:
- 10% discount on tuition for the third child;
- 15% discount on tuition for the fourth child;
- 25% discount on tuition for the fifth child and more.
Advanced Payment Discount:
Full payment of annual tuition prior to the last day of June of the previous school year will result in a discount of 5%.
Advanced Payment Discount is applied to all age groups.
A tuition rebate is granted to any referring family who brings in a new family to register a student. The rebate consists of 10% of the new child’s annual tuition and will be applied to the referring family’s tuition bill.
Who may claim this rebate?
It only applies to NEW families. (Returning students are excluded. Additional students of a sponsoring family are excluded. Corporate sponsors are excluded.)
When is the rebate applied?
The rebate is applied to the following term after enrollment of the new student.
Tuition and fees must be paid prior to the beginning of the academic year or prior to each term. The school does not accept cash. We ask that you pay by cheque to our accountant in the School office or by depositing money directly into the School bank account and sending us confirmation of payment.
Payment due dates:
- 1st Term – 13th August 2021
- 2nd Term – 11th November 2021
- 3rd Term – 1st March 2022
Procedures and Terms for Payment of Tuition and Fees
- All fees are quoted in United States Dollars. Payments in TZS will be based on the market exchange rate on that day.
- Tuition is due by the dates indicated, unless other arrangements are approved by the Head of School. Following the due date, late payment charges of 5% will be applied after 7 days of nonpayment. If tuition remains unpaid after 20 days, parents will be informed to not bring their child/children to School until the term fees are paid in full.
- All dishonored cheques will incur a charge of US$50 and late payment penalties
in addition to all bank charges levied against the School.
- Payments can be made by:
- By direct deposit to the School’s bank account. Contact the School at firstname.lastname@example.org for details of the School’s bank account.
When depositing small USD denominations, the bank levies a charge. The School shall take no responsibility for this charge.
- Cheques deposited directly into the School’s bank accounts. Alternatively, cheques may be submitted to the School office.
- When making payments directly to the School’s bank account, please provide the office with a copy of the bank transfer that will enable us to record and receipt your payments. Please note that the School is not responsible for bank transfer charges. Any charges incurred by the School for incoming transfers will be debited to parents.
- Refunds for withdrawals will apply only after submitting a written notification to the School. Refunds are pro-rated and apply to tuition fees only.
Refunds shall be made by crossed cheques or bank transfers. The School does not take responsibility for bank charges.
- A student will be re-enrolled to the next year only if any outstanding fees are cleared.