Why join ISZ?
ISZ is proud to deliver a truly international education experience to its community. Our curricula and learning philosophy allow students to think with an international or global perspective through connecting them with different societies and belief systems. This will help them understand and embrace cultural differences and similarities. We offer a comprehensive approach to education that intentionally prepares students to be active and engaged participants in an interconnected world.
We recognize the diversity of our community to be our greatest strength, and the rich local culture of Zanzibar as our greatest resource!
ISZ applies recognized benchmarks and criteria such as:
- Developing citizens of the world in relation to culture, language and learning to live together in peace and harmony;
- Building and reinforcing students’ sense of identity and cultural awareness;
- Fostering students’ recognition and development of universal human values;
- Stimulating curiosity and inquiry in order to foster a spirit of discovery and enjoyment of learning;
- Equipping students with the skills to learn and acquire knowledge, individually or collaboratively, and to apply these skills and knowledge accordingly across a broad range of areas;
- Providing international content while responding to local requirements and interests;
- Encouraging diversity and flexibility in teaching methods;
- Providing appropriate forms of assessment and international benchmarking.
7 Reasons to select ISZ
- Academic Advancement: ISZ is the first established International School on Zanzibar islands with an academic advancement and teaching experience of 30+ years
- World Class Teaching Curricula: International learning experiences inside and outside of classroom with world class teaching curricula; International Primary Curriculum (IPC), Cambridge Lower Secondary Curriculum, Cambridge International IGCSE & A-Levels
- Holistic Education Approach: Cultivating internationally minded individuals who are globally aware and who represent diverse cultures, religions and lifestyles in a context of mutual respect.
- Academic Foundation: Providing a nurturing and caring learning environment where creativity and innovation, communication and collaboration, critical thinking and problem solving all thrive and are interconnected to a strong academic foundation.
- Personal Development: Creating a context where everyone feels comfortable with each other, where they can be themselves, be accepted and be respected.
- Learning Experience: Experienced faculty up-to-date with the current best educational practices that meet the needs of each individual student. Modelling innovative practices through adaptable teaching and learning approaches that address the limited resources and other day-to-day challenges
- A Community of Learners: An intimate community of students, teachers, parents and administrators who support each other and believe in the importance of working together to achieve our common goal of providing the best education that we can for our children.
- A Non-Profit School: Being a not-for-profit school means that ALL revenue is devoted to the provision of educational services.